Thursday, June 12, 2008

Quick Updates

Two must-share things today:

1. Re: what happened with Story #2... I'm told that Urban Kid 2 closed the bathroom door, but that everyone was outside of the bathroom when it happened. I'm still not clear on exactly how the door got locked. I asked Urban Dad if he was sure that this was how it went down, and he swears it was. I'm pretty sure that Urban Kid 1 would have ratted him out, er, come up with an honest answer by now if it was not the case. But it did have me wondering for a few hours that day!!

2. Urban Dad was voted Teacher of the Year at Great Big Urban High School...again! This is a school of 4,000+ students, and they're the ones who get to vote for this. And it's his second year in a row of getting the title! So if U-Kid 2 wakes up from her nap in time, we may go over to our neighborhood candy store and see if we can find a treat for him. Of course, U-Dad was not the one to tell me this. A friend and colleague at GBUHS sent me a text message at around 11:30am. I've already called his mom to remind her of how fantastic her son is (sadly, she needs this reminder occasionally). I also called Best Namma Ever! to tell her how great her grandkids' daddy is.

Ok, off and running again.
Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

T said...

Congrats big time to Urban Dad! That is so cool!!

Maria said...

Hey! Ditto on the congrats to UD!! Tell his mom the blogoshere things he's great, too!

Thanks for filling in on STory #2!!

Tiffany (aka T, Tiffers, Tiffster, and Pally) said...

Rock on Urban Dad!