Tiffany tagged me. So here goes!
Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What was I doing 10 years ago:
I was working in TV Production at a Great Big Ad Agency in downtown Chicago. I lived in the same apartment building as Urban Dad, and I think that I had just begun night and weekend classes to get my teaching certification.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. cheese and crackers
2. a bowl of cereal
4. tall skim chai
5. granola bars
In the real world:
1. I'm excited about travelling with the kids.
2. I'm completely different from my sister (Pink Power Ranger), but we're still close.
3. I have days when the Urban Kids drive me batty.
4. Urban Dad spoils me rotten.
5. I think this homeschooling thing just might work out!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Take the Urban Kids everywhere in the world -- and always be where it is NOT winter!
2. Maybe even take the Pink Power Ranger and Best Namma Ever! with us.
3. Have someone to run the household -- handle the groceries, cooking, cleaning, etc.
4. Make sure that PPR and BNE! are set up to be comfortable for life.
5. Start some sort of private school that does not charge tuition. Make the public schools compete!!!
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Associate Producer at previously mentioned agency
2. Asst Director of the 6am news at the NBC affiliate in Peoria
3. Tutor at Huntington Learning Center
4. Cadre (aka: daily sub) at Urban Dad's Great Big Urban High School; I mostly covered maternity leaves, including Urban Dad's!
5. Waitress at a Pizza Hut
Three of my habits:
1. I try to get up earlier than the kids so that I can have a huge cup of tea, a bite to eat and watch a bit of TV before they get up.
2. I tend to leave the last load of laundry in the dryer and forget about it.
3. I fidget a lot.
Five place I have lived:
1. North County of St. Louis
3. shiny high-rise in downtown Chicago
4. 1920's 6-floor apt building in Lincoln Park, Chicago
5. 2-flat in Lakeview (aka: Boys' Town), Chicago
What do you want others to get from your blog:
I think I hope to show that we city-slickers are homeschooling too, that it is now a mainstream, perhaps even "critical mass" choice that people are making. But it isn't just about homeschooling -- it's also about getting a glimpse into a variety of people's lives and perhaps sharing a bit in return.
Okay that is it! Wasn't that fun?
Now I have to tag 5 of you.