Monday, August 18, 2008

Just Call Me Sybil




I watched this nail-biting, jaw-dropping, jump-up-and-down-inducing race and had three reactions.



1. As an American: Who doesn't just share in his raw, unfiltered joy? Who isn't just proud as hell to have this incredibly talented guy represent America?



2. As a female: Well, helloooooo there............. Nice suit. And such big, um, hands you have......


3. As a mom: (insert nasally, matronly voice) Oh for heaven's sake, young man! The whole world is watching! God himself, even! Let me just cinch these up for you. Goodness, what will the neighbors think?

I didn't used to have Reaction #3 to this kind of thing.
Just put me in the nursing home now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's just a handsome little drink of water! :)
Tammy in Germany

Anonymous said...

Yea - who knew a swimsuit that is not a speedo could look that....good.

Bradley Smook - yes the visitor from Buffalo Grove - I will try and call ya back on the way home.

G said...

I'll go with #2 for today... yummmy!

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah. ummmm.... (nervous laugh)...yeah (giggle) you articulated that beautifully.

SabrinaT said...

He is so niceeee to look at!

Welcome to Great Goblets! said...

HUM... Yum! I had my cougar eye on one of the nice lookin' neighbors to our north as well! I caught myself open mouthed drolling at the Canadian and then realizing, dang, I'm almost old enough to be his... ah, aunt. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh... I had the same exact thought as #3. Then my other thought was "I bet he never eats Dairy Queen Blizzards. That would suck." Yeah... I need help.

Dy said...

ROFLOL! This is the best laugh I've had all week! Thank you!
Dy

McKenna Cotton said...

ok with all the posts about the olympics this is the first one that made me laugh! I love it!