Wayyyy back on August 4th, Katy at My Nut Village tagged me. Yep, I'm all about the speedy responses here. And I know that you've all been holding your breath for me to finally post again. What can I say? I'd click on my page, see the picture from the last post and think, "naaaaah. it can wait. i'll just look at this for a minute here." But enough Dirty Old Cougar thoughts. Back to business.
Here's how it works:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (done)
2. Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste steps 1-6).
3. Write six random things about yourself (see below).
4. Tag six people at the end of the post and link to them.
6. Let each person know that you've tagged them and leave a comment on their blog.
Six Things You Never Wanted to Know About Val (I'll try to not get too personal):
1. My favorite chore is laundry. I love to do laundry. Once the U-Dad and I moved in here, I was in heaven because I no longer have to crank quarters into the machines. I like the feeling and smell of warm, clean clothes. I like the opportunity to take a bit of inventory of things. And I like the visible sense of accomplishment at the end.
2. I can't drink coffee. I had to stop my torrid affair with the coffee bean about ten years ago. I was mind-numbingly nauseous for six straight months. After numerous tests that showed absolutely no results, I switched to tea one day, on a lark really. It was like hitting a lightswitch that gave me back a normal day. But I miss it......ohhhhhhh, how I miss it............ I like to go into coffee shops and just breathe deeply. And then order a chai.
3. I'm looking forward to teaching Biology next year. I flip through the great, big, phone-book-sized homeschool catalog and want to order critters. But I'm not sure how I would hide them all from the U-Dad. He's not very critter-y.
4. I'm married to a technophobe. If it has buttons, I'm the one who knows how to use it. This includes the computer, DVR, answering machine, cell phone, clock radio, remote, dishwasher, washing machine and U-Kid 1's Leapster. If anything happens to me, this household will revert to 1976.
5. I ran a marathon in 1994. It was a horrible year, and running for hours after work every day kept me as sane as I was going to stay. Having the race as a goal gave me something constructive to focus on. However, my knees and I have an agreement about doing any more of them.
6. My favorite dessert is called Crumb Tart. My mom is the only one on the planet who seems to know how to make it. Those of you familiar with this blog are aware of my (lack of) culinary skills. Pray for a long, healthy life for my mom!
Ok, as far as tags:
I'm borrowing this strategy from Regular Mom. If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged! Yep, I'm lazy. Also, I have two kids who need to go to bed, and a cupcake waiting for me once they're down, so I'm pressed for time, too.
Remember to come back and let me know if you did it!
Ok, back to looking at my Dirty Old Cougar picture of Phelps.