Sunday, March 9, 2008

Oh my, it IS quiet around here...

Almost too quiet.

Almost. (wink wink)

Urban Kid 1 is continuing her "vacation" in St. Louis with Best Namma Ever!. Yesterday, she called from "Shake n Steak," where they were dining with some friends. This is a nice bonus for her, as we have to go out to the suburbs here to find one (which means that it doesn't happen, I'm afraid). BNE! also bought her a few new pieces of clothes while shopping a sale. They also hit a book fair, so I'm sure she cleaned up there as well. And when UK1 calls, she really wants to talk to UK2. Love that.

The quiet has allowed me to reflect a bit on my relationship with UK1. And I'm reassured that it isn't all power struggles and meltdowns. I think about how excited she is to have me watch her the last few minutes of her swim lessons, how she wants to show me things that she made at Spanish class, that when she's sick, all she wants is me. As with any relationship, perhaps a little space allows for some perspective.

I'm kind of starting to miss her................

In the meantime, Urban Dad and I were able to open a bottle of wine last night and have a romantic, late dinner. And we're both getting lots of time to play with UK2. It was less of an issue when I wanted to bail out yesterday afternoon to get a manicure and pedicure. And it will be less of an issue today when I want to bail out to go to the gym.

But it is pretty quiet around here.

Almost too quiet.

Almost. (wink wink)

No comments: